background

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Pay Attention


I was slacking last week after the soccer game but here's a picture of what my dad calls Little Pele. So cute. He has practice tonight and we'll see how it goes. The biggest challenge is getting a 4-yr-old to pay attention to the ball and stop showing off Power Ranger moves.

This morning Sam and I were walking to the bus stop and talking about how cold it was. He was bragging about his warm pockets when I noticed I didn't have pockets and my hands were cold because I was carrying a mug of coffee and my keys.
"Here, Mommy. I'll put your keys in my pocket." (sweet innocent face)
"No, sweetie. If we put them in your pocket I'll forget and you'll get on the bus with them. You'll take my keys to school."
"No, I'll remember to give them back to you." (again with the sweet innocent face)
"Okay. Here."
The bus pulls away from the curb and I chat with another mom for a while about the new AFN schedule and what shows will be on. We bid adieu and I turn to start home so I can take Zephyr to work. Hey, where are my keys? AHH. MY KEYS!! The best part is Sam and I totally saw it coming. Apparently, it's also a challenge for a 32-yr-old to pay attention to her keys.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

What are you doing taking her to work? Is she telling you that whole "someone stole the bus stop" story? j/k :-)

Waldo said...

Heehee.