background

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

More Explaining

Last night while shopping on post for some Christmas decorations Sam told me he wanted to celebrate Hannakah. He loves the whole menorah thing so we bought a menorah-like thing. He was whining about, "Why don't we ever get to celebrate Hannukah or Kwaanza?" This is a good conversation to have in the middle of the PX. "Well Sam, people who celebrate Hannukah don't believe in Jesus." And Kwaanza, what the heck? I don't even know what Kwaanza celebrates, just know it originates in Africa. "We're Catholic honey, we celebrate Christmas."

Fast forward half and hour and we're in the commissary produce aisle. "Mommy, what does Cath-o-lic mean?" Jeezy Creezy. (don't call me jeezy creezy) "It's our religion." Please stop.

I suppose I should be interested in Saddam's trial but I'm really not. Of course, he's going to be found guilty. I don't really care, the whole thing seems a little ridiculous to me. Even with the murders and security problems. Is anything being accomplished by murdering defense lawyers, no. Whatever.

2 comments:

Skye said...

You are so lucky, I want a smart little boy or girl.

Waldo said...

No, not this year. I let Sam pick out orange and red ornaments. They're really ugly but he fell in love with them. Now I just need a tree.

By the way, the salmon colored tree was BEAUTIFUL and you know it! (So does Brian.)