I get up almost every night with Ralphie for about an hour. Not really because he's up that long but because when he falls asleep after 20 mins I'm still wide awake for another 40 or so. Cuddling with him in the wee hours makes me think of when Sam and I used to cuddle. We don't anymore and it's sad for me. It's a somewhat recent development. He doesn't kiss me goodbye at the bus stop anymore unless I ask and I can tell when he holds my hand he'd rather not.
I knew the day would come and it'll only get worse. He won't want to go bowling together or go to the movies with his parents anymore. I also know the day will come with Ralphie and it's sad. One day I won't be the one who can calm him down (eventually he'll lose interest in my boobies!).
Everyone tells you that they grow up before you know it but to see it happen is different...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment