Over ten years ago my hair was overprocessed with a perm and fell out around my hairline. When the hair grew back in I looked funny because I had to wear my hair back for work and the little hairs would stand up straight. The rest of my hair was super curly except my short little hairs that stood straight up. My sister called them spankies.
I have spankies again, except the problem is inverted.
I lost a TON of hair a few months after Ralphie was born and it started coming in a few months ago. It's about an inch and a half long now and looks ridiculous, I hate it. This time it's not just along my hairline and it's curling at the ends. My haircut demands straight hair that I iron everyday but I inevitably get a curl crinkle about an inch from my scalp. I hate it but it makes me think of my sister calling me Spanky years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you always make motherhood sound like so much fun....I cannot wait for all my hair to fall out, no sleep, exploding diapers, etc. Sounds like a blast!
Post a Comment