Schmitty and Isaiah got in to it this morning and I lost my temper. Schmitty was telling Isaiah to get off the couch and Isaiah wasn't responding. (I almost daily have to tell Schmitty that he doesn't need to worry about correcting Isaiah, that I'll take care of it.) Anyway, the bickering began and I yelled at both of them to stop talking and go to the door. "Let's go!"
I could go on with the mundane story but finally, halfway to the bus stop, I realized Isaiah was having a hard morning because he missed his mom. Then I felt bad for being so rough on him because I remembered having to drop Sam off after a rushed morning when he didn't want me to go to work. I felt awful for not being nicer and more understanding, as I wanted Schmitty's caretakers to be.
That's what's been on my mind all morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.
Post a Comment