background

Monday, April 07, 2008

back from the wizard

(I found the draft so I don't hate the Internet anymore.)

So we all survived the trip. I'm still tired and a little jetlagged but it's getting better. I have some emails that I need to reply to but I'm not sure when I'll get to that.

Our trip was fun. We went to Oklahoma City for the brother-in-law's wedding. It was more fun than I'd anticipated. I met lots of relatives from Nebraska, everyone was excited that we're moving there. Then we went to Council Bluffs for a few days to visit my family. We were busy non-stop but it was nice to see everyone, even if only for a few days. We looked at some subdivisions near the base to get an idea of what was available and are confident we'll find something suitable over the summer.

I went to the gym for the first time in a few weeks today. How shall I describe it? It sucked. I wanted to get some exercise and feel like I accomplished something but two minutes in to the workout all I wanted to do was stop. I cut it short and decided baby steps was better than wearing myself out and getting sick again.

I'm taking a German class tonight and have a feeling I'll be in way over my head. I'm starting German III when it's been 16 years since I studied German. I don't remember much vocabulary or the cases but it's non-credit hours so it doesn't matter. At least I'm doing something, even if it's late in the game.

I didn't take pictures while we were on leave which is a real shame. Sam was the ring bearer and he was so cute that everyone moaned when he took the flower girl's hand at the end and walked down the aisle. I overheard several people talking about him at the reception. Ralphie had a little suit and all the grandparents GUSHED! It was adorable and quite amusing to watch them all. I'm disappointed I didn't take any photos.

1 comment:

GroBvater said...

First sign of Old Age!!