I'm still sifting through school information. I had been using psk12.com to look up school performance but the data were from 2002. You have to pay $100 to see more current information. When I talked to the school district they told me where I could find school performace information on the dept of education website.
Holy cow. It's all free and current up to the 2006-2007 school year, it's much different than the 2002 stats I was looking at. According to the state website the school that was ranked 63/85 in Omaha scored better than all the Bellevue schools in 2007. It's still much poorer but their performance is way above other schools in the area. It could be a fluke; reading, math and writing scores all spiked last year to nearly 100% even though the free lunch eligibility is double what it is in Bellevue. How is that explained? I always thought more money = better education.
You know, it would be much easier if we just lived in a small town with only one school. Like Allegany.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment