background

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

what's the word?

Forgetful. Sam forgot his lunch yesterday and today he forgot his shoes. He wears rubber boots in the morning for the walk to school and changes in to his sneaker. I got home this morning and found a message from the school nurse that he didn't have any shoes. I drove up there and dropped them off for him (thereby negating any carbon footprint reduction this morning's walk had accomplished).

I'm trying to go back on a diet and gained two pounds! I hate diets.

Oh! I have my first PTO meeting today after school. I have to take the kidlets but it should be fine. I'm sure it'll be a colossal waste of time but I'm going, nonetheless.

We had someone pull over and offer Sam a ride to school again. I think it's really nice and I feel bad for saying no. I also feel bad because I think they assume I don't have a car and I'm walking because I have to and not because I want to. The woman today got out of the car with her daughter and had her daughter translate for her. I thought that was muy amable. She even gave me her name and number.

I've got to mount my license plates and change a headlight while Ralph naps. I'd better get crackin'.

3 comments:

Mickity said...

You're such a hippy! If he can car pool with a neighbor kid - isn't that good too?

Waldo said...

I like your picture! And YOU'RE calling me a hippy? Anyway, I blame it on Yago.

Seriously, when we walk together we have conversations we wouldn't otherwise have. Sometimes it's about webworms but usually it's about what book he's reading or what he wants to invent one day.

Mickity said...

Yeah - you're a hippy.