Mickity pointed out that I didn't post about Schmitty and me working at the food pantry. Let me preface by saying I called the daycare to see if they had space available for Ralph that day but they did not so I took him with us.
When we got there the volunteer coordinator didn't want Ralph near anything for his own safety. Therefore, Ralph and I stood off to the side while Schmitty sorted boxes full of canned goods. He worked alongside some old fellas from the Kiwanis and younger guys that were apparently doing community service.
It wasn't what I had in mind. One black guy kept asking me why Schmitty was there. Was he being punished? Was he bad? I kept saying no. I recounted the story to Schmitty and he said, "Yeah, I heard. He kept asking me too." We stayed for two hours and then I took him out to lunch. We went to Runza, yummy. I should eat there more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can see the advertisement now...."Do Community Service. Expose Your Kids to Criminals!" HAHA Poor Schmitty.
Exactly! It wasn't the experience I was hoping for. I wanted to show him that there are people who are a lot less fortunate. Not what we got...
Post a Comment