background

Friday, May 15, 2009

kids

A while back I read a blog entry written by a man in his 50s about how he liked his kids. He wrote that he didn't think most families felt that way, I think I agree.

I genuinely like my children, that's not to say that I don't frequently feel like pulling out every strand on my head. That said, I do really think my kids are funny and interesting people that I would rather be with than without. I think some people just don't really enjoy being with their kids and that's sad. It makes me wonder why, I don't get it. I love the conversations I have with Schmitty and Ralph does the most unexpected things that make me laugh.

If I had a traditional custody arrangement with Schmitty's biological father I would be climbing the walls. I couldn't stand it if he was gone every other weekend with an extended stretch over the summer. (Luckily, I won't have to worry about that!) It'd be lonely and quiet around here, I don't even like when the school year starts. I'll be heartbroken on his thirtieth birthday when he moves out! Maybe when they're teenagers I'll change my tune and become one of those, "When you turn 18 you're on your own" parents but I doubt it. Even with the midget.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

you do have pretty awesome kids

Waldo said...

Well, I wasn't fishing for compliments but thank you.