Last night the boys and I trekked all over town looking for the free wine tasting at Lauritzen Gardens. Mutual of Omaha is sponsoring a BUNCH of free events this weekend celebrating their 100th anniversary, the tasting was one such event.
We got there and waited in a ridiculously long line for admission. Once in, everything had a crazy long line. The first wait was so long I decided we would skip the French region and head somewhere else. We got to the German region for riesling but they were packing up and leaving, no luck. Australia had a mountain of stairs, impossible with the stroller. We continued to Japan... for sake but they were out also, just a couple of women sitting there in kimonos. We got to Italy and waited and waited. Then it started raining. I decided I was going to shell out $5 and buy a glass at that point because it was 10 minutes from closing. I got up there for my taste and chickened out on asking to purchase a glassful.
At this point we'd been walking around for a couple of hours and Schmitty was out of humor. I told him we'd go back and get a complementary dessert sample. That was supposed to start at 9:00. We fought the mosquitos and waited in one last line. Unfortunately, I guess they were out of dessert because I got up there and they gave me a sample of wine but no offer for the dessert that was supposed to be there.
After we finally found our car and called it a night we stopped by Sonic for a snack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm sure you have a cause of action intentional infliction of emotional distress. If I was licensed in Nebraska I would totally take the case.
This totally sounds like my life. Your poor kids and your lack of wine is sad too.
Post a Comment