background

Saturday, November 21, 2009

the strangest date

Last Wednesday I met someone for dinner. Someone I never thought I'd have dinner with... before you get too excited it was a girl.

We were in the same squadron for years but never really talked to each other. I went TDY for five months, came home and heard through the rumor mill that she was dating my "boyfriend". He, of course, denied all allegations and I was left not knowing what to think. Well, I knew what to think but was in deep denial. Anyway, this went on for a long time and for years the other woman and I never spoke to each other. Not because of rage or jealousy, just because it was awkward and uncomfortable. The OPSTEMPO helped, it seemed one of the three of us was always deployed.

She sent me a friend request on FB a couple of weeks ago, I was surprised to say the least. Turns out she's in the process of moving back to Omaha and has a three-year-old boy.

As I was getting ready to meet her at the restaurant I felt weird. It felt like I was getting ready for date or something. I wanted to look nice but not like I was trying too hard. Yago laughed at me. But seriously, I had worked that day and didn't want to keep my hair in a bun but if I took it down I had to fix it... I even tried to call Jessica in a panic because I had no idea how it was going to go.

So I had a strangely good time. I hope we get together again.

No comments: