background

Thursday, May 19, 2011

ay 2010-11

I can't believe this year (school year) is coming to an end already. I feel like we need to slow down and enjoy things but we don't have time! The move is coming so fast, Schmitty's leaving his awesome school. He has a band concert tonight that conflicts with a scout meeting so we'll have to skip scouts. We also have soccer games this weekend (yes, plural), a scout campout, and an end-of-season soccer party.

Next weekend is Memorial Day which means our final trip to OKC for a while. Shortly after we return the movers come and pack up our stuff. Is it weird that I'll miss the trees in our yard? How do I get sad looking at our trees? I'll really miss our neighbors, I know our kids will too. They all play together and live on the same street. After our first year or so of Schmitty being lonely and not having anyone to play with boys his age moved in across the street. Now they all play while their moms sit around and drink cocktails!

Yago even has a yoga group that he's grown fond of. The instructor is very funny and always has an interesting story. She teaches the most challenging classes I've ever attended. She taught English in Japan for a year, one of those kinds of people. I love that.

I'm sure Idaho will be cool. It's a year, the perfect length of time for a good adventure!

No comments: