background

Sunday, July 17, 2005

13 Years Down the Toilet?

So, I've put up with 13 years of crap and it looks like it may be all for naught. Can someone PLEASE explain to me why if I get a normal Mon-Fri schedule it's a special favor or exception but not for every other stinkin' Lt in J6? Oh, so what's-his-name has 3 yrs time in service and is single... let's keep him working Mon-Fri, 8:00-5:00. Let's take the single mom who's worked shift work for almost a year and move her in an office where she now gets to go TDY one week every month. Yes, I see how that makes sense. You see, "Lt Adsit, the reality is you're an officer in the US Air Force. Maybe you need to consider what your priorities are." The Air Force, apparently, is not compatible with raising a contributing member of society.

Meanwhile, his father is living it up in San Jose. No one giving him crap about the miscellaneous children he's abandoned on this earth. He's not explaining to people that he wasn't trying to trap someone in to marriage when he got pregnant. He's not a promiscuous dirt bag that got knocked up after a one-night-stand. No boss telling him, "My hat's off to you, I don't know how you do it but the Air Force can't make exceptions for people in your situation."

AGHH!!! I just can't wrap my mind around this!

1 comment:

Skye said...

Hi. I stopped by to check out your site. You and Mickity keep me rolling in laughter. I heard that the heat wave has worked it's way to Europe. I also heard that people showing up at the Austrian Museum would be admitted free if they showed up naked. Well I guess there's more than one way to beat the heat.