I was laying in bed this morning after my alarm went off try to gather the ambition to start my day when I had some random thoughts.
I started thinking about nursing homes and why do they always smell like urine? Maybe I would take Sam to nursing homes to visit the elderly but they smell terrible. Then I remembered when I was a girl scout we used to go to the home about once a month and we were paired with an old person. Some girls got old grouches that didn't want anything to do with a gang of little girls but I got Ethel. I really liked Ethel and she was always very nice to me. Even after the scouts quit visiting I would still see Ethel on occasion and my mom was a phlebotomist so she saw Ethel fairly regularly.
I remember one Christmas Eve before going to my uncle's house my whole family stopped by the nursing home. My mother had crocheted a blanket and I gave it to her all wrapped up as present. She was very grateful but I remember feeling bad because she was spending Christmas Eve alone and we were all dressed up for a party. I don't think I ever saw her again but a few years later my mom told me died. She died with that blanket.
I hope I never get old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment