background

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Big Weekend

I have much to write but I'm running low on time and ambition. Here's the abridged version.

Sammy's team lost 6-3 but it was very cute and funny. Any thoughts I had about how I hadn't done a very good job of coaching last year are gone. I was way more organized and did more research which is saying quite a bit to anyone that has ever met me. My biggest traumas were that I kicked the ball in to Sam's face during the warm up and forgot his coat, it was 49 degrees. Good mom.

Went to the ball last night and Mickity should have been there with me. I was on the dance floor getting my groove on when my flask fell out of my pocket and on to the hard wood floor. Clangy clang clang clang... Twice. Oops. Stupid alcohol. Tops in Blue performed and I saw Daroca's name and picture in the program. I got up from dinner to look for him and wound up with an armed MP taking me through the kitchen to the area backstage. While people were looking for him to bring him out it occurred to me at the last second that he might not remember me. He came out, remembered me and gave me a big hug. Very unexpected. While making small talk I asked if he was still single and he got uncomfortable, I think he thought I was hitting on him. Embarrassed Jen.

After the big evening I hopped on the shuttle bus returning to post and played a good game of Scrabble. ;^)

4 comments:

yagopuchae said...

Who was your scrabble partner...the King of Burundi?

Mickity said...

Daroca's in tops in blue now?

Waldo said...

Yeah, turns out he's not a performer but more of a stage hand kind of guy.

Mickity said...

hmmmm....does that make you a groupie? HAHA j/k