background

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Working Another Weekend


So after yesterday's brilliant blog entry I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what I want to say for today.

I ate a nasty frozed dinner for lunch because I am trying desperately to drop a few pounds before the AF Ball. I want to squeeze in to my Mess Dress Saturday without the cool wrinkles and puckers around the hips and belly where it's so tight I can't move/breathe. Ixnay on the atfay. (Heehee, "Ixnay on the haha!") When is chubby going to be in style again? Stupid men, all thinking Giselle is hot.

I'm trying to learn Pashto, so cool. So hard. I know how to say a few words and can sometimes recognize a word but I can't figure out the alphabet. The Rosetta Stone course doesn't get bogged down with small details like teaching you the alphabet and sounds first, you jump right in. At least I'm finally trying to do it. BTW, Pashto is spoken by 25-30 million people mostly in Iran and Afghanistan. I can't wait to take a vacation and try using my new language skills. I am SO going to blend! I attached a picture of Iranian Jen at Oktoberfest, so funny.

A friend of mine, Fitz, just arrived at Laughlin for pilot training. I saw a picture of the front gate posted on his website. He's all talking about how there's nothing there but at least he'll be flying 75% of the time. He's more worried about his wife. I'm like, "Hello, you remember talking to Bitter Jen?" I told you how much Laughlin sucked on a DAILY basis. Not to mention I could easily live without ever having to communicate with another pilot! Stupid AF, being all full of pilots.

Can't believe 9/11 was four years ago. Administration has really done a number on those terrorists.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

That's kinda a weird picture of you. Interesting though :-)

Waldo said...

That's me when I start blending with the Iranians because I can say the boy is under the airplane in Pashto.