The Children's Christmas Party was Sunday afternoon so I cut my weekend short with Yagopuchae so Sam and I could go. I missed it last year and was advised to always volunteer for those things so that I would be given the day off from work. As soon as they started sending stuff out about the party I volunteered to be one of Santa's helpers. I thought I was going to have to wear a costume so I didn't put much thought in to my wardrobe. Turns out the only costume was a Santa hat, luckily I was wearing my Christmas Butterfly pin. Duh.
I showed up an hour early and ran in to an old aquaintance (Emily, she's the only girl I know that's been up close and personal with an uncircumcised penis) that I had gone to basic training and DLI with. We never hung out at DLI or when we ran in to each other several times in the desert. Now we're both here but she's not active duty anymore and we both have kids. We spent like an hour talking, it was funny because she's kind of ditzy and I totally can't relate. Everyone was supposed to bring a dish to pass, I completely spaced it and she forgot to put the chicken in her Chicken Surprise dish. Too funny. I haven't gone to mass in forever and didn't even enroll Sam in CCD this year and she was like, "Don't worry about it, if it weren't for Dave you wouldn't ever see me at mass." Sam's favorite part was getting his face painted with a spider on one cheek and a snake on the other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's funny, I guess that's what made it chicken surprise.
My favorite part was NOT when you left.
I love you, pookey. That should draw out Mick when she gets settled in.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment