background

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Play Date

We temporarily moved our office downstairs and I'm going more insane than usual. There's no tv, no movies, nothing. I have reading material but I've been awake for nearly 21 hrs and now fear reading because it brings sleep.

Sam's friend Kean and Kean's older brother, Sean, came over today. Three young boys... nix the half dozen Sam's I'd blogged about earlier. What a noisy handful. Kean was good but Sean was more than I could handle. The boys came downstairs fighting over a police car because Sean had it first but Kean wanted to play with it. Sean actually started crying, he's in 3rd grade. Sam stood witness to the fighting brothers by just looking at them. blink blink. I almost felt bad for Sam, he had no idea what to do.

The best part was when Sean decided to announce, against his mother's best attempts to stop him, that there's no such thing as Santa Claus. "Santa is you, you buy all the presents!" He knew what he was doing because his mother was yelling for him to stop, that it wasn't very nice and he just kept going on and on. It's not even like he said it once and got it off his chest. He kept saying it over and over.

This has all just reinforced in my mind what a good boy I have. I hope he's in my bed when I get home so I can give him a hug in the cuddle zone. I don't know how I got so lucky.

2 comments:

abbyabitha said...

I would have smacked that boy in the mouth the second time he said there was no Santa. The first time would have came w/ a mouth smack warning.

Waldo said...

I really couldn't believe it.