background

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Rant

This isn't good, it's only Tuesday and my jaw is sore. It means I'm tired, stressed out and chewing too much gum. I've got a bunch of deadlines coming up and getting little cooperation from other people. I don't like being stressed out about work... everything is an emergency but with no real consequence. I have to be humble 24/7 because of my rank even if I'm right and the O-5 is wrong. I'm still expected to be apologetic. People answer the phone with, "MAJ so-and-so. How may I help you, sir?" That ALWAYS annoys me, why put the sir in there? You aren't making brownie points with the guy calling you and if it's a female (yes, there are a few of us out there) it's annoying. It's a reminder that we're not expected to out-rank you, you want me home cooking someone's dinner. Grrr.

3 comments:

yagopuchae said...

Well I would like to be home making YOUR dinner. Wish they respected you more...they should and you've earned it. Now, hurry up and get home and answer your phone! J

Waldo said...

My God. I wish you were here, too. You could have cheered me up in person instead of over the phone. As for respect, I haven't really earned it... but from what I've seen, neither has the LtC who automatically gets it.

Mickity said...

You've totally earned respect if for nothing else then the fact that I like you. You know, I really don't like that many people. Oh, and the whole cooking dinner thing. Yeah, you better be in the kitchen....and who said you could wear shoes woman!