background

Monday, February 27, 2006

Soul Food

Tonight I'm making a dish celebrating Black History Month for Sam to take to school tomorrow. I chose black-eyed peas and I'm going to use Yagopuchae's Dad's recipe. He made them for New Year's and I loved 'em, I even ate all their leftovers. You know, part of making a good impression is stuffing yourself like a pig and eating everything you can find. I've got a certain charm about me.

Sam's spider costume didn't go as well as I had hoped. I guess the kids liked it but were messing with his legs and stepping on them. They pulled a couple of them off. He was so cute and excited in the morning but he looked defeated when I picked him up in the afternoon when asked how it went. It's hard because I see so many great qualities in him and get really upset thinking someone at school hurt his feelings. I forget that's what school is, sometimes it's not easy. Even when you're only five...

4 comments:

yagopuchae said...

He's one of the lucky ones though. When he goes home he gets plenty of love from you.

Waldo said...

Aww. You're so sweet.

abbyabitha said...

You know, once you go to school and really kick the shit out of one of the kids, they wont be mean any more! They will know that Sam's mom rules! Haha

Waldo said...

Abbyabitha, that's funny. I thought you were talking about Sam kicking the shit out of one of the kids, then I saw you were talking about me beating up 6-yr-olds. That's hilarious!