Today I went by Sam's school to drop off the black-eyed peas. I got them there early and decided to stick around until Sam's class got there so I could see my cutie. I learned a few things...
1. I should volunteer to organize an event or two. Then I would have the right to be annoyed when I go to these things and no one seems to know what they're doing or what's going on. I can't really complain if I don't step up to the plate though.
2. I need to pack Sammy's lunch. I stopped by his table when he sat down and saw he had some sort of flauta or egg roll looking thing (it was rolled up and fried) as the entree, peaches, milk, green beans, and chocolate pudding. I stopped by again when he was getting ready to take his tray up to the clipper. Peaches and beans were perfectly in tact and only half the milk was gone. I can't complain about that either until I start making his lunch for him again.
3. Principals should be mean and feared. Not ladies that can be easily ignored. It was complete chaos in the lunch room because even with a microphone she couldn't get anyone to hear/listen to her. I probably would have lost it and started screaming. Not really the desired approach either but at least the initial surprise would have quieted the cafeteria down.
4. Sam isn't as victimized at school as he likes me to believe. When he entered the cafeteria he was using his coat sleeves to smack the doopy of the girl in front of him. As we were parting DeJuan gave me a big hug when I reached to hug an oblivious Sam. I guess DeJuan didn't want to leave me hangin'. I stood outside waving good-bye to Sam who wasn't paying me the least bit of attention. DeJuan waved good-bye to me twice. Again, I guess he didn't want to leave a sister hangin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Is DeJuan the kid you had to explain what ribs were?
Yep.
You should have your wife pack Sam a healthy and delicious lunch every morning. In fact, you should just tell your wife to pull him out of school, home school him and give him a wheat and dairy free diet. He will grow up much better adjusted. And, your wife should definitely volunteer more often.
And maybe I could ask her to make me brownies...
me too...and have her check the help wanted ads for me while she's at it :-)
Post a Comment