background

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Are you kidding?

I was browsing cnn.com and saw two articles the made me shake my head and say wth (what the heck)?

First a man died running from cops when he got stuck in some mud. He thought he was wanted but turns out he just got pulled over for expired registration and driver's license. He ran away and got stuck waist deep in a mudhole when it was 30 degrees out. They tried to pull him out for an hour but weren't able to save him.

Another guy was a doctor working AIDS relief in Botswana when he was pulled out of a canoe by an alligator. He was on some tour with his new wife when it happened. This guy had worked in Iran in the 70s, been the Chief of Medicine at a couple of VA hospitals and then cared for his wife until she died in 2001 of some neuromuscular disease. He'd finally remarried and moved to Africa to be eaten by an alligator? How do you tell kids that grandpa was eaten by an alligator in Botswana?

I think about dying sometimes, ever since a near collision with a tanker. I hope Sam doesn't have to tell people I was gobbled up by an alligator in Africa. It does kind of make me think of Happy Gilmore though. ;^)

1 comment:

Mickity said...

Sam could always tell people "I want to die like my mom, sleeping peacefully. Not screaming in terror like everyone else in the car." HAHA j/k Nothing bad will happen to you. You'll just slide into the grave sideways, wine in one hand, chocolate in the other, body all used up yelling woohooo! ;-)