background

Monday, March 06, 2006

Even the Best-layed Plans...

This weekend didn't go at all as I thought it would. I had the big Sock Hop scheduled Friday night which was kind of a disaster. It was complete mayhem, a thousand screaming little kids with parents crammed in to a tiny school. I envisioned a cute scene from Happy Days and it was NOTHING like that. I knew Yagopuchae was uncomfortable in a room that crowded and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

We went to bed late and then got up at 0330 to go skiing. The weather was awful, Sam wasn't feeling it and it took ELEVEN hours to get home. We got home around 0500 Sunday morning instead of Saturday evening. In a word, it sucked.

Sunday was nice though. Sam's friend Brianna came over and we kind of just lounged around the house all day. I made dinner and Yagopuchae complemented it, as he always does. I swear, I could heat him a dog turd and he'd tell me it was the best dog turd he's ever eaten. "It's good, honey." :^)

2 comments:

yagopuchae said...

You're going to serve me dog turds, AGAIN?

Mickity said...

Sorry your weekend didn't go as planned. My advice on dinner - serve wine, cheese and bread. No cooking required :-)