Speech therapy, that is. I just had a meeting at his school with the speech pathologist, principal and teacher. They've been working on evaluating his stuttering for a couple months now. Although his disfluency level is kind of high it's not impacting his education so he doesn't qualify for therapy. Woohoo! (The threshold is 3 disfluencies/min and they recorded 9/min with Sammy) I didn't really want him to be the "special" kid that had to go to speech therapy anyway.
I'm taking some stuff up to Yagopuchae's house this weekend. Not much, some of Sam's toys, books, a poster, Spider-man blanket, pajamas, change of clothes. Like I said, not much. ;^) I'll just keep squeezing in more of my stuff and eventually he won't even notice when I don't leave. I've already got the carseat permanently placed in his car and now he buys the soap, shampoo and conditioner I like.
Here's what I wish I was doing right now: Sitting on a couch in Kaiserslautern with my feet propped up, wearing comfy clothes with fluffy socks, under a blanky drinking some wine.
Here's what I'm doing right now: Sitting in a secretary's chair, wearing my uncomfy uniform with boots laced a bit too tightly, reading about humanitarian mine assistance in Africa and drinking water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
well here's what I'm doing...I just woke from a noon nap, trying not to eat all the crackers and cheese before you get here and am about to head to the getrankamarkt to get some beer. Took a therapist 3 months to tell us what we already knew, huh?
A nappy nap?? Hope you don't expect me to be all energized tonight. Can wait for dinner.
Just tell those dumbasses Sam is a cool kid and he don't need them in his business. He will take care of his stutter in his own time and that's just that. Besides speech therapists can mess kids up more then they help.....I've heard about it happening.
Post a Comment