This morning I went to Sam's first music recital, he was adorable. He came in and looked through the crowd of parents but couldn't find me. His expression when he found me was all I needed to assure myself I made the right decision ditching work for an hour. He began singing and my eyes welled up with tears, he was so precious. I took pictures but they don't do him justice. When he was singing his little heart out to me I couldn't bring myself to look away to fumble with my camera.
I'm back at work now, still filling in for the Executive Assistant (or secretary, whatever). I have a big visit tomorrow morning and can't wait until it's over.
Yagopuchae is still in Paris, he may bring his family by Stuttgart and spend the night at my place. It would be wonderful but I'm still not unpacked after a year and a half, they'll be less than impressed with my housekeeping. It'd still be nice to have them stop by tomorrow night. We'll see.
On a completely separate subject, I have a crazy-ass zit on my lip that looks suspiciously like a cold sore but is NOT. It's becoming enormous and increasingly hideous. It's the most curious blemish I've had in a while, not your run-of-the-mill kind of thing. And painful, that's always a nice add-on. It's either throbbing or growing it's own heart and blood supply. If I grossed you out, you're welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sam's music thingy sounds very cute. I'm sure you're having fun being the secretary :-) And didn't you hear....the best zits are always past the age of 25...just when you thought you were safe.
Post a Comment