The news is out, finally. I'm being retained by the AF. That's right, they're keeping me in even though I wrote a letter and said I wanted out. Ah, how typical.
I misinterpreted a conversation with the Exec earlier today. I thought I was going to be forced out without the severance package. I was told the AF was going to treat the people who wrote letters as voluntary separations, making me ineligible for the money. I was bummed about not getting the GI Bill but was adjusting. Then the General called me in to his office and announced I'm being retained. "Congratulations, Jennifer. You're doing a great job."
Fake smile, "Um, thank you sir." Brain, process message. You must have misunderstood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It'll be alright...
I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at you. I knew this would happen. That's why the military is such a mighty machine of efficiency....because it is managed by a bunch of high school drop-out contractors at AFPC. Well, get knocked up anyways and play the baby card. Plus then I could send you a homemade baby blanket.
Geez. No pressure, Yago...
I'm kind of laughing at myself for thinking it could have had a different outcome. Duh, how long have I been doing this?
Go figure...sorry, it ALWAYS works, that you get the exact opposite of what you are asking
for. Plus, the baby ticket doesn't always work, that is
just another way to put the woman down... I do not have your number and wish to call you...
Sorry Mistress...I don't work close enough to any radar to control that...
Post a Comment