Yesterday, after posting my entry I took a shower. It was then that I discovered a... shall we say, shallowing? on the right side of my bellybutton. This seems soon. I don't remember when it happened with Sam but I'm only halfway through my pregnancy. It's going to get worse.
I've painted my nails a very dark berry color. Something I don't think I've done in years. Sam asked me last night why I painted my nails. "Because I can paint them any color I want now, I don't have to wear my uniform anymore." That brings me to other adjustments. When I enter the base I still hesitate waiting for the guard to salute me. Then, I remember what a knucklehead I am and drive away. When I go to the commissary I proudly pull out my dependent ID. As if to say, "Ha! I have a husband! Can you believe that?" When I was active duty I used to think, "See, I don't need a man to take care of me. I'm doing it." Now I'm happy someone really wanted to make my life easier. (And rob me of a bellybutton for a few months.)
I need to clean the house, I've been incredibly lazy the last couple days. I feel even worse than usual because Yago is working all day and then comes home, eats dinner, and spends the evening studying until he's ready for bed. He's halfway through a statistics class and I can't wait for it to be over. I feel like I hardly see him.
This weekend Sam has a bowl-a-thon fundraiser for Tiger Scouts. We haven't gotten any sponsors but there isn't really anyone to ask here. Yago is a flight commander, he can't ask his subordinates and I don't know anyone to ask...
Oh, and I took Sam to his first CCD class here last week. We're working on memorizing the Hail Mary. They're learning it in small sections but he gets upset that I say, "The Lord is with thee" instead of, "The Lord is with you." It just sounds wrong and I don't know how the rest of it would go without the thees, thous, arts, etc. I've had a tough time convincing him both ways are correct. He thinks he's going to get it wrong on a test.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree with Sam....I'm totally worried about getting god wrong. Well, I mean, I was worried. Now I just figure it is wrong and I'll eventually have to pay :-)
And no one really needs a belly botton anyways.
Post a Comment