After many weeks of intimidation and procrastination I went to a Yoga class this morning. I talked to the instructor beforehand to let her know I had never attended a class before, I'm not bendy and am almost 5 months pregnant. She was very encouraging and gave me alternatives to any poses that were uncomfortable or that just weren't good for me to do. I'll go again because it got me out of the apartment early and I indeed liked it. One myth I've found true, Yoga makes you want to toot. ;^) Really.
Yesterday, I finally got through the appt hotline and got an appt for Friday. Two, actually. One at 1200 with a nurse filling out forms and medical history and another at 1400 with a doctor. I'm a little confused though. I asked the person making the appt if it was unlikely I'd have an ultrasound on Friday since it would be this doctor's first time seeing me. I assume she'll put in a referral to Radiology and then I'd go back later have a tech from Radiology actually do the ultrasound. That's how it was at Offutt. The appt lady said I'd probably have the ultrasound Friday since the dr had to put in the referral. That doesn't make sense to me and the more I tried to get clarification the more confused I got. It doesn't make sense the doctor AND the radiologist would do the ultrasound or that they would both just drop everything (at the same time) and do it. Whatever. I just want to know if it's a Ralphie or Spider-Girl. (Names that Sam has chosen.)
Sam had his choir practice last night and it was like herding cats. They went through a couple songs and now the parents are supposed to work with them. I don't think Sam trying to sing a song the way I sing it is going to help anyone. I was hoping he'd learn pitch and stuff, not be permanently screwed up from trying to sing like his mother. I can't hit a note correctly to save my life and I think it's a little gift I'll wind up passing along.
Sam and Yago went trick or treating last night. Apparently, one house was so decked out that Sam ran away when a spooky clown and old lady answered the door. I'm sorry I missed that but watching the Germans trick or treat was fun too. They would come to the door and say something, I have NO idea what it was. Half of them didn't have bags, they just held out their hands. The vast majority did say, "Danke," to which which I answered, "Bitte." American kids tend to just turn and run to the next house, the danke was refreshing.
That's about it for today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't blame the yoga when you cooked chili last night, and please get all your so-called yoga gas out before I get home from class tonight.
Yeah - those little tricker-treaters got all the candy....no left overs for me :-( And I just love the teenagers who walk around with no costume on and want candy. I shoulda kicked them. Also, you can let Yago know that gas is just part of the package deal....it comes with the ring.
Post a Comment