background

Thursday, January 18, 2007

On Your Mark, Get Set...


I have been quite uninspired to write lately, not sure why. I think of clever little things to write about when I'm away from the computer but when I'm home I can't think of a darn thing.

Last night Sam and I went to register his Pinewood Derby car. This thing was cool. He painted it yellow and put orange and red flames on it. I put some flames on the hood and he did the rest. Then he decided he wanted to stick a little Lego guy in there, all the other Tigers were jealous. Unfortunate for Sam, his mother has no idea how this race thingy works. At all. We got there and had someone attach the wheels for us and then it was time to weigh the car, it has to be 5 oz or less. Ours was a little over 2 oz which translates to piss poor performance, if I understand correctly. I attached a strip of weights to the bottom and weighed again. Viola, 4.95 oz. Perfect. Then off to measure. The weights made the car's clearance too low, I'd have to put them on top. This destroyed the entire design of the car. I broke the weights apart and stacked half of them in the groove next to the driver. When we turned the car in the guys kind of laughed that it looked like the little dude was a pizza delivery driver. I know this makes no sense if you can't see it but perhaps my little illustration will help.

Schmitty has a new bedtime routine that I must share. When we got back from the states he had jetlag so we told him to go read in bed. Now, every night he grabs a Jack and Annie book and goes upstairs to bed. He's also really in to Beethoven and plays a Beethoven at Bedtime CD while he reads in bed. Yago and I sit downstairs watching tv while Beethoven plays in the background. We think it's really funny.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

I think your picture is FAB-U-LUS! And what kind of mother are you...letting your kid listen to Beethoven. He's gonna be a total lady's man.

yagopuchae said...

Sad thing is that we're watching Dr Phil or some other unsophisticated crap, while our cultured child is in the other room listening to the classics.