So I always imagined what I'd read if I had the time. It took me forever to finish college where I never had time to read anything but textbooks. Then I had my little Sammy.
I have probably 60-70 of the 100 Greatest Books Ever Written (according to the Easton Press). I used to look at them adoringly and dream of being retired, I'd picture myself curled up and reading each one of those beautiful books. I've read a handful of them now and I just began The Three Musketeers last night. I don't think I'm going to enjoy this book even though I'm only on page two. I know nothing about French and there's a bunch of French and references to French things. My knowledge doesn't really extend beyond Pinot Grigio. I get annoyed reading names that I don't know how to pronounce too. It trips me up, eventually I just read over it and recognize the combination of letters as a character but it makes it more difficult to connect.
I just finished 1776, Yago recommended it. It's an amazing story and makes me wonder how on Earth we managed to become a sovereign nation. I never knew anything about Washington either but he's become one of the people (living or dead) that I'd invite over for dinner. I just want to meet him.
Well, off to my dr appt. Wish me luck, my dad wants this baby born tomorrow. (His birthday)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment