I was in the commissary yesterday with Schmitty and Ralphie when it hit me that Yago is leaving next week. Leaving. Something about having both the boys with me, just me, that made it all click. This is going to be my life until December.
I don't frequently mention all the stuff that Yago does to make things easier for me and I think I take him for granted a lot. That's what I realized in the bread aisle trying to keep Ralphie from crying while keeping Schmitty from running people down with the cart.
I haven't thought about it much because there's nothing I can do. I don't dwell on it or dread it, just accept it. The bright side is there are a lot of Army families I know that have to do it for 15 months. We only have 6 to get through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment