background

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Conversation with Sam...

Yagopuchae had his conversation with George, I offer mine with Sam.

Last week we bought a birthday gift for a kid from Sam's choir. It was a Superman toy that cost $6. A couple days ago Sam discovered his Boy Scout wallet with $8 in it.

Sam: Mom, can we play a game where you're Suze Orman and I'm calling to see if I can afford it?

Me: Okay.

Sam: But we're really playing, you can't laugh that what I want only costs $6.

Me: No way. Let's go. Okay. Sam, I have you on the line. Tell me what you want, let's see if you can afford it!

Sam: I want a Superman toy that costs $6.

Me: Let's see your stats. How much money do you make?

Sam: A dollar.

Me: How much credit card debt do you have? Do you owe anyone money?

Sam: No.

Me: How much in savings?

Sam: $355.89.

Me: How do you plan on paying for it?

Sam: Cash.

Me: Well, Sam. Since you're not using a credit card and your savings looks pretty good... You're approved! Go ahead and buy your Superman toy!

1 comment:

Mickity said...

I didn't realize that you watched Suze that much. I need some financial planning....call me.