background

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Uncalled For

I was at the pool yesterday and saw something uncalled for. Actually I saw several things uncalled for because it's Europe and men wear Speedos but that's a different story.

Anyway, a family arrived around 6:00. I noticed they were American because the kids (teenagers) were wearing wife beaters in to the pool. Europeans don't cover themselves up, they just don't care. (It doesn't matter how bad they look, they're not modest.) They get in the pool and I notice the girl, about 14 yrs old, is wearing shorts. Not even a swim suit. Her brothers finally take off their wife beaters when I realize she's just wearing a bra with a wife beater and not even a nice bra. It was a cheap, unlined bra made out of t-shirty material. Who on Earth would take their daughter to a pool without a swimsuit? I mean, stop by a store and get some cheap ol' suit. Not even a German would have sent their girl out for a wet t-shirt contest.

No comments: