background

Friday, September 14, 2007

The Green Green Grass of Home

I realized last week the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Again.

I've been kind of looking forward to a chance to work again, even if it's as a Reservist. I fantasized about interacting with people where the commonality wasn't our children. Our children wouldn't be the foundation of all our conversations. I could interact with people that would make jokes and perhaps even pull a prank.

Then I went to put Ralphie on the CDC waiting list.. Later that day I watched him start to doze in his carseat and he was so adorable. I didn't want to leave him with anyone else. I didn't want him to have a day separate from mine, if that makes sense. I didn't want to fret about what or how he was doing. Was he upset? Crying? Screaming?

It's good to have a reminder every now and again that I made the right decision to get out of the AF, even if I did give up A LOT of money over my lifetime.

Of course it's easy to say now because Ralphie's sleeping...

No comments: