background

Friday, September 07, 2007

Identity Crisis

Thursday night was Open House at Sam's school. When I entered his classroom his teacher, Mrs. Whalen, looked taken aback. I greeted her and she told me I looked just like a Kindergarten teacher named Ms. Hall. Hmph. Didn't think too much of it.

After talking to Ms. Whalen we went to the free spaghetti dinner put on by the PTO. We ate and left the cafeteria. A little kid followed us in to the hallway and yelled, "Ms. Hall! Ms. Hall!" I looked around and realized he thought I was Ms. Hall. I told him I wasn't her and he went back in the cafeteria.

I grinned and shrugged at Sam. He said, "Well, you do look a lot like her." I said, "She must be a very pretty lady..." Sam gave me a sideways look and didn't answer. I don't think that was very nice of him. Yagopuchae thought it was hilarious.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

you should beat your sassy kids more often ;-)