background

Monday, September 03, 2007

Whiny Kids

So much for a holiday today. I was looking forward to taking Sam bowling and hanging out but we battled instead. I always feel like I'm losing the war.

The thing is, I think Sam is genuinely a good kid but he has spells where I just don't know what to do with him. In the middle of it I would just like to throttle him (but don't). I try to stop the yelling match and make him calm down and I think we're making progress until he loses control again. He starts talking (yelling) back and it sets me off again. It's a downward spiral. He screamed and hollered so loud today I was humiliated because I knew people down the street could hear him. I couldn't get him to stop. God. He used to be so cute.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

I used to be cute too....now look at me!