The inlaws just left on Sunday. It was fun having them but I'm happy to have the house back to normal.
We all went to Garmisch, Germany, for a few days while they were here. Yago and I were concerned that his brother and fiancee would be bored sitting around the house in January so we booked some rooms at Edelweiss. It was wonderful. Yago's parents had an adjoining room and it turned out better than you might think since it wasn't planned that way.
His parents volunteered to watch Ralphie so the rest of us could all ski together. I feel like I finally learned to ski and Sam did great. We didn't stick to bunny slopes this time, we went down actual runs. Like real skiers! It was the family ski trip I've been trying for years to achieve. It was really, really fun. Even the accidental detour was funny--afterward. And the, "No pizza! No pizza!" I'd have to explain that in person, it just wouldn't be funny on the blog.
It seems Schmitty and I came home with a stomach virus of some sort. Schmitty's is REALLY bad. He's spent most of the last couple of days either curled up in a ball or on the toilet. My tummy hurts, but not as bad as his. Yago dubbed our condition "The Garmisch Gurgles."
That's about all that's been going on over the past week or so...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment