background

Friday, January 11, 2008

Barcelona


I should talk a litte about our trip but I'm not really sure what to say. We had a nice time, went to the aquarium, zoo, Guell Parc and La Sagrada Familia. We ate tapas and drank sangria.

One thing about Barcelona, there aren't any high chairs. That makes it a little complicated for those traveling with babies. Also? Restaurants are hard to come by. Especially family restaurants. On New Year's Eve and Day.

We had a good breakfast at a place across from the train station and went back for dinner on NYE. We were served pork tripe. Yago and I choked down a couple of pieces but Sam loved it. Said it was the best pork he'd ever had. Hmph.

Oh! I almost forgot my ROOKIE mistake. I still can't believe I did it. I ordered hamburguesas for Sam at a restaurant. I saw hamburguesas on the menu, they came with fried eggs and potatoes. I asked the waiter for a hamburguesa and papas fritas thinking I'd get those items a la carte. Not so. Out comes a plate with two hamburger patties (sans buns), two fried eggs and fried potatoes. Jason insisted I didn't know Spanish and hamburguesa must really mean breakfast. I spent the rest of the trip having him nag me every morning not to be late for hamburguesa. I should have remembered that hamburgers don't come with buns!!!

No comments: