background

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

child abuse at the gym

I had such a good work out and diet day yesterday that I was really excited to go to the gym this morning. I had gone about an hour earlier than usual and had the children's room to myself for the first few minutes. Today I showed up and there were tons of unruly children and the treadmills were in use so I had to do the elliptical. It's okay, but I feel like I accomplished something if I run for 30 mins. Anyway, I set Ralphie, buckled in his carseat, next to me instead of in the corral. If I put him in the corral without Schmitty he screams the whole time.

Back to my story. I put his carseat next to me and started my little elliptical workout when I heard a commotion followed by a screaming Ralphie. The carseat had somehow tipped on its side while he was still strapped in. I stopped and set him back up thinking that I'd put him too close to the pedal and kicked him over. (Very embarrassing in a room full of other mothers.) Afterward, a woman told me that he'd actually reached out and grabbed the pedal and that's how he flipped over.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

at least you are at the gym...who cares about a little child abuse