background

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

new things

I tried a couple of new things over the weekend. The first was playing raquetball with Schmitty and Yago. Playing with Schmitty was more fun because neither of us knows the rules. We just kind of ran around and whacked (tried to whack) the little blue ball. Yago was very patient with both of us, bless his heart. That was the new thing I tried on Sunday.

On Monday I tried making homemade pasta, whole wheat tagliatelle to be specific. I say I made it but I should say we because Yago spent a lot of time unfolding and untangling my mess. (He had the day off.) I also tried to make french bread from scratch. It didn't turn out right but the good thing about bad homemade bread is that even if it's bad, it's still pretty dang tasty! So what if it's on the flat side and too dense?

The best part was I got to leave right after dinner to go to German class. The kitchen was a DISASTER! The counters were caked with dough and flour from kneading bread and pasta. I think I dirtied almost every bowl and pan in the house because, did I mention we also made homemade tomato sauce with capers? I came home to a pristine kitchen and dining room which surprised me a little given Yago's hatred of dishes. Plus, I wasn't even sure if two hours would be enough time to clean the mess I'd made.

Well, I'm going to take the little meanie out for a walk and maybe even stop by the park since the weather's gotten better. Hope you all have a good day!

No comments: