background

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

to be seen or not to be...

Now you would think after all my complaining and lamenting that I'd be super motivated and excited about going to the gym today, wouldn't you? Not so. I was dreading it but I hauled my happy butt there anyway, along with the screaming meanie's angry butt. He hollered at the prospect of me being 20 feet away so I had to put him in his car seat next to the treadmill. He was hollering 15 mins in to my little workout so I cut it short after he screamed for five minutes. Five minutes doesn't sound very long but when you're in public with a screaming kid AND running at the same time, it's an eternity.

After the gym I stopped by the commissary and saw someone I really didn't want to see. (Thankfully, he didn't see me.) He's a wing commander now but I knew him when he was a squadron commander and a deputy group commander. (Brown) He's conceited, full of himself, and he wasn't very nice to me when I was a Lt. I was in my old sweaty gym clothes and he was in his uniform, now as a full bird colonel. I'm sure if I thought he was pompous before he'd be an amazing a$$h#le now. When I was putting my groceries in the car I saw that Schmitty's piano teacher had followed me out and was parked two cars away. I pretended not to see him and he did the same, I'm still pissed about last week's lesson. I've been trying to work on my nice voice so I could call him and verify we're on for this Wed afternoon but I wasn't prepared to do it in the parking lot.

Day after tomorrow we leave for Normandy. Again, I'm not looking forward to a twelve hour bus ride with all the scout families. (or the screaming meanie)

Well, I should go shower. Maybe that will cheer me up because I'm not in a great mood today.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

that a-hole is a wing commander? google the peters principle....we all rise to the level of our incompetance....obviously its working

Waldo said...

Heehee! I'm glad you thought the same thing. I overheard a counseling session where Ackerley told him he'd just killed his career by turning down some position he'd applied for. (something to do with being a high-level advisor in Afghanistan or something, he was selected and then he chickened out) I guess Ackerley was wrong.