I was that girl yesterday at the gym. I got on the treadmill and suddenly the place started filling up. People were waiting for one of the two treadmills and a lady asked me how much longer I had. I fibbed a little and said 20 mins but really I had about 28 mins left with the cool down. I know she was mad waiting on me and I should have cut it short but I didn't. I rationalized thinking about what an ill-behaved brat her kid was. He was climbing and jumping all over the place and she never chastised him. I was ready to get off the treadmill and walk over there and yell at him myself.
Today Schmitty got suspended from school for fighting. A first grader was picking at him and Schmitty chased him down and hit him. Not the best way to handle it but these days I guess you can't get away with a fight on the playground.
Maybe my parenting skills aren't the best either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You should have stayed on the full 28 minutes. Did she REALLY think it was appropriate to even ask how much longer you had? What was the point of that question? To me that says she just thought so lowly of you (or highly of herself) that she didn't think you were capable or well mannered enough to get off the treadmill when your time was up....without her awesome reminder. You could have said "I was only going to be here for 20 minutes, but that rude child has been distracting me so I think I need the full 30 minutes to get a good workout." HAHA
Post a Comment