Last night we grilled and ate outside because it was sunny and beautiful. I was preparing dinner and the grill while Yago and Schmitty practiced his baseball swing. We grilled green beans, eggplant, zucchini, and ribeyes. I also made potato salad and a tossed salad, lots of veggies. Mmmm. Then we had some family reading time before bed.
Yesterday I also got a card from one of the women at church. Her son and Schmitty are in the same CCD class. She sent me a Mother's Day card about what a great friend I am and how I'm always there for her. The thing is, we're not really great friends. She's the one I've mentioned before about how I feel like she's always sizing me up. It's weird. We're both moving in about a month and a half, and we won't keep in touch. I can't really explain the oddness of getting this card from her without sounding like an insensitive jerk and maybe I am.
And Cher? Put some clothes on, you're 61 for god's sake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's the fun part about military life...everyone is just desperate for friends who you end up not keeping in touch with anyways. And then there's the stepford wives competition and the home schoolers....AH...can't take the stress! You could just be like me and never socialize with anyone :-)
Post a Comment