background

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

three

We are entering day three of the cleanse. Oh boy. I have eaten probably a pound of cashews. Sunday we had grilled tofu triangles with rice and veggies for dinner, Ralphie LOVES tofu. Last night, we had an arugula and grape salad with sunflower seeds and a homemade vinaigrette. Tonight, I think it's a tofu ragout. I've eaten oatmeal with blueberries and soy milk every morning, it's pretty good. I only had one cup of coffee yesterday so I'm making progress there.

I've had to completely change my outlook on food. The cleanse does do that. You become more focused on what you can get out of your food and where it comes from instead of mindless snacking. Ralphie and Schmitty aren't cleansing, they're still eating milk and dairy. I can contemplate going vegetarian but vegan is hard, it complicates menu planning.

Yago and I have each dropped about 5 lbs in three days without trying. I was surprised because of all the nuts I've eaten but I weighed 131 this morning.

OH! And Yago bought a bike Sunday. He rode it to PT/work this morning. I feel a little bad for him because I don't know what he had for breakfast but he rode seven miles to the gym and then did squadron PT. For lunch all he has is leftover salad, he's going to be starving!

1 comment:

Mickity said...

5 lbs huh? Maybe I should try this deal cause I've actually gained weight since school which is totally asinine since I'm not eating worse and I'm working out. I'm pissed...and fat. What's up with the 131? Skinny bitch.