Yago and I are experimenting with "the cleanse." We haven't gone all out but for a week we're trying it with one exception. We started yesterday and we'll go until next Sunday.
The exception is coffee because I seriously drink about six cups of coffee a day. I get raging headaches if I don't have caffeine so I'll cut it back to a cup in the morning and if I get a headache a cup in the afternoon/evening. Hopefully by the end of the week I won't have any at all.
We've taken out meat, dairy, sugar and all forms of wheat. That leaves a pretty restricted diet. I bought gluten free flour thinking I could make homemade bread without the gluten but the recipes without gluten call for xantham gum so I don't know what's going to happen. The gluten gives the bread structure and holds it together and I have no idea where I could find xantham gum, certainly not at the commissary.
You would think I'd probably drop a ton of weight on this diet but I don't think that'll be the case. Almost everything I ate yesterday was pretty calorie dense. I ate a lot of dried fruit and cashews. It was mostly out of laziness, they we're easy choices because there wasn't any preparation involved. I'll try to be a little more motivated today.
We'll see how miserable I am after a week. Oh yeah, and no alcohol. Nothing makes you want a cocktail more than knowing you're not allowed to have one. What's up with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment