background

Thursday, November 06, 2008

i hate the weekend a month, two weeks a year

I've been busy working out my Reserve schedule and looking for daycare. What a pain! Yesterday Yago and I went to the MOST depressing daycare I've ever seen. It was horrible, I can't even explain it. Yago said it had the saddest playground he's ever seen. You'd only have to step inside the door to understand. I think we've found an acceptable place and a workable schedule, two days a week for about three months and then my annual tour. I should be starting in December.

Yesterday while I was inprocessing I ran in to someone I used to work with years ago. It's an odd friendship/acquaintanceship. He invited us over to his house Sunday, Schmitty asked why we weren't going. I explained that although we're friends I think he would spend the afternoon/evening saying things to embarrass me in front of Yago and it would make me feel bad. He'd joke and try to be funny but eventually it'd be mean. I asked Schmitty if that made sense, if he understood. He said he understood perfectly. He's a good little guy.

I need to clean my house and get things started for dinner.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

Don't worry - when I meet Yago I won't say anything to embarass you. I'll just do my normal - drink wine and embarass myself beyond redemption :-)