background

Thursday, December 18, 2008

busy holidays

We're supposed to get freezing rain this afternoon so the commissary was packed full of people. Yuck.

I did my PFT yesterday and passed, two and a half points lower than last year but I passed. I would say the best part of working is being able to eat lunch with Yago. We bring leftovers for lunch and then meet in the cafeteria to eat them. Yesterday he met a couple of people I used to work with. He commented that everyone I knew was old. Most of them were my trainers when I was an airman.

I'm trying to transition Ralph to his bed for naps but he's not having it. I put him down an hour ago and I can hear him playing in his room. He never behaves! That reminds me... We went to the BX today and he was playing on the tricycles until he spotted the big pink Barbie Jeep. He got in there and loved it! I helped him in and out several times and let him play for a few minutes. When I told him it was time to go he threw a FIT!!! Very embarrassing.

He screamed and hollered while I tried to finish shopping, even in line at the register. Finally, an older couple behind me started talking to him and he got shy. (shy = quiet) Then another kid started a tantrum near the registers. Someone in another line yelled, "Shut up!" very loudly. I thought that was more obnoxious than the tantrums. Little kids are little kids, deal with it. The other mother finally left her cart and took her kid outside. I felt bad for her. When it's close to the holidays and you have a list of things you have to accomplish sometimes you just have to ride out the tantrum along with the embarrassment. It's one thing when a seven-year-old acts up and another thing when it's a toddler. You can't control a toddler, I don't care how fabulous you are.

1 comment:

Mickity said...

Yeah - grown ups are always more obnoxious than kids...no matter how stinky the diaper or loud the tantrum...that's why I hate people (read: grown ups). Present company excluded of course :-)