background

Friday, January 16, 2009

jenny had a little lamb

It's supposed to get up to 24 degrees today, I'm pretty excited about that. It's been super cold. This weather has Yago talking about retiring to Florida, an idea I'm not crazy about.

We'll be picking up a lamb tomorrow (butchered, not a pet or anything). Finally something to put in our freezer downstairs. We have a few free range chickens but we've been looking forward to buying a more substantial amount of meat. Yago found some grass-fed lamb from a farm in South Dakota and they're making a delivery to Omaha this weekend. I'm anxious to see what I'll do with it. There's an Iraqi dish called Tepsi we like. Yago used to eat it (in Iraq) and brought home a recipe. I served it for my parents once and they liked it too. It takes hours to make by the time you fry all the eggplant and whatnot.

The midget's awake. We started putting him to bed at 7:30 which means he now wakes at 6:30, darn early.

Speaking of darn early, Yago's been working 6 am - 6 pm the last few days. I started out getting up and making him breakfast and packing his lunch, even sending him off with a Thermos full of coffee. Things quickly deteriorated. This morning I popped some waffles in the toaster for him and didn't realize we were out of syrup so he ate honey on them. Yuck. Then I nearly forgot to make him coffee to take in. Luckily, it was the last morning I'll have to do that for a while.

2 comments:

Mickity said...

peanut butter on the waffles is better...and its a good source of protein

OH yeah - when I come to visit you should know that I love lamb.... :-)

Waldo said...

Good to know, we'll have plenty left.