background

Sunday, February 01, 2009

recital

This afternoon is Schmitty's first piano recital. He's only playing two songs and he goes first so after about three minutes I'll lose interest. I asked if he was nervous and he said no. He said getting nervous only makes bad luck easier to come by. The midget is standing by my side hollering, he hates it when I use the computer.

Yago has spent the weekend doing tedious chores. He has organized all my official paperwork, filled out our taxes, done the financial aid paperwork for 2009-2010, and planned the meals for next week. He's out buying groceries now.

My father-in-law left Thursday, it was a good visit. He cooked for us on the days I worked and watched the midget so we didn't have to take him to daycare. I think he changed his first diapers ever last week and he did it happily. While he was here Yago and I got to go out for a grown up dinner. It was the first time in a long while that we went to a restaurant that didn't have corndogs on the menu and we didn't feel the need to rush. We sat at the bar to wait for a table to become available. That's right, the bar. I was nervous that Yago wouldn't like Lo Sole Mio as much as me but he loved it too.

My blog entries will be rare this month because I'll be working, trying to run to all the after-school activities, and catch up on chores during the weekends. Like normal people. That'll stink.

3 comments:

Mickity said...

Wow - a hubby that does chores. I'm impressed.

Tell Sam good luck on his recital.

Waldo said...

I think he'll do fine. I'm actually more concerned about his teacher making mistakes during their duet. I don't think she's ever made it through perfectly.

And when I woke up at 6:30 this morning Yago had already done last night's dishes and cleaned the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am not quite sure how to do this blogger thing, but leaving a comment is all I know to communicate with you. I am SO confused as to who everyone is...Laurie is something moo moo right? I am reading through your blog now to catch up- but in a nutshell, what's up? Looks like you have been in Europe and now in NE? 2 kids- awesome! I am on service today for 24 hours and the unit is not busy so I hope to get to chat with you some...Thanks for finding me:-) I have been looking for you. How is everyone? Talk to you soon!
Rhonda